Era Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) automates and simplifies database administration, bringing one-click simplicity and invisible operations to database provisioning and life-cycle management.
Era enables database administrators to perform operations such as database registration, provisioning, cloning, patching, restore and much more. It allows administrators to define provisioning standards with end-state driven functionality that includes network segmentation, High Availability (HA) database deployments, and much more.
With Era multi-cluster you can easily manage databases across multiple locations, both on-prem and in the cloud with Nutanix clusters.
Era Software Compatibility with Nutanix and VMware Products
Table 1. Supported AOS, AHV, and vSphere Software Versions for Era
|6.1.x, 6.0.x, 5.20.x, and 5.15.x
|AHV versions bundled with AOS 6.1.x, 6.0.x, 5.20.x, and 5.15.x Note: SAP HANA is only supported on AHV with Era. 5.15.x and 5.20.x are the recommended versions for SAP HANA.
|7.0, 6.7, and 6.5
Table 2. Supported Nutanix Software Versions for Era Multi-Cluster
|6.1.x, 6.0.x, 5.20.x, and 5.15.x
Era Key Features:
- One-Click Provisioning: Era enables you to easily provision database environments (either production or otherwise) on your Nutanix clusters.
- Copy Data Management (CDM): Era enables you to clone your databases and refresh the database clones by using snapshots or transaction logs. Era uses storage-efficient Nutanix snapshots, thus lowering the cost of storing multiple copies of your databases. Era allows you to clone and refresh your clones to a point in time, making the clone and refresh operations highly granular.
- Database Protection: Era protects your database with full database consistent backups within a matter of minutes. With Era, you can do the following:
- One-click snapshots for simplifying database rollback.
- Explore your backup data through a robust time machine.
- Back up your databases instantaneously with no overhead.
- One-Click Patching: Ensure data security with one-click patching to efficiently validate critical database updates. Era provides out-of-band patching of databases to eliminate database configuration sprawl.
- Database Restore: Restoring allows you to restore a source database registered with Era to a snapshot or point in time supported by the source database time machine. With Era you can restore a database by using a snapshot ID, the point-in-time recovery (PITR) timestamp, any recent snapshot, or the maximum recovery point possible.
- Database registration
- Registration of cluster databases deployed across Nutanix clusters
- Provision of database Replicas across Nutanix clusters
- Provision of multiple database instances
- Provision of multiple databases in the same database server VM
- Provision of database server VM on any Nutanix cluster
- Database management as a group
- Database scaling
For features matrix for each database:
- Oracle (SIDB-SIHA-RAC) Greenfield & Brownfield
- Microsoft SQL (Includes SQL express)
- PostgreSQL (Single Instance-High Availability) Greenfield & Brownfield – Includes Community Edition
- MySQL and MariaDB
- SAP HANA
Presales Consultant with more than 10 years of experience, supports our partners by understanding customer needs, presenting and demonstrating our vendors’ products and helping in deal closing.